Finding Me

1/08/2013

Have you ever looked at your life and thought, how did I get here? I had that epiphany today. It was nothing special, just a realization that maybe I have been off for say the past few years. Now, it's nothing drastic or huge but more subtle. I think it started my senior year of college when I hit a rough patch, I was not playing soccer, my boyfriend at the time was moving away, all my friends were still busy with soccer, I was getting closer to graduation and had no plans for the future. All of this led to my last year of college filled with stress, traveling and complications with my then boyfriend. This carried on after college, finding a job, a long distance relationship, not having my friends around, going through a break-up....you get the picture. I ended up landing a job and reuniting with some friends I had here but I guess I never re-cooperated back to the person I used to be.

Yes, we change it is a part of life. Events, people, choices all help to mold us into the people we are today but are we not allowed to take with us some of our old self? I liked the old me. I was happy, a little too confident, passionate, and didn't let opportunities pass me by. Looking back over the past few years I feel like I lost sight of those things and became a shell of myself.

2013 though brought out this hidden part of me that had been tucked away and forgotten. I started back into my former habits, working out, being more social, being more productive, making cards, and feeling a little more confident in myself every day. I am embracing the converging of my old and new self and am ecstatic to see where the rest of this year takes me. I am ready for it!

I mean, I am ready to be badass again! Need proof, see below:


You Might Also Like

0 comments