A Confession.

4/01/2014


Hi, my name is Caitlin Gallagher, I am 27 years old and I still don't have my shit together.

I judged my older brother, Ryan, when he was 25. He was working odd jobs and had no real passion for what he was doing. He had a million different ideas of what he wanted to do but couldn't seem to narrow any of it down. Being a 20/21 year old at the time, I thought to myself - no way was I going to end up like him. Fast forward seven years. He is now a firefighter, LOVES his job and works way too much. I am going on four years at my job and still wondering what the hell I want to do with my life.

Now-a-days it is easier to see people taking their passions and turning them into a career and because of this I feel more pressure to really discover what it is that I want to do. But why? What is wrong with having another "corporate job"? I sit in/walk around my office and I wonder...is this what my coworkers wanted to be? Are they happy? Who knows.

What I do know is that I need to be comfortable with where I am now, this in-between period. That it is fine not to have all the answers. I must continue to be open-minded and actively searching for new opportunities because in time something will strike a chord. And when it does to take that chance, to not get crippled by the fear of failure but have faith in myself and my abilities. Life has a funny way of working out, I need to trust in that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments