Growing Pains.

3/07/2016

For me, growing pains have never really ceased since high school. Though different than the physical ones you experience the aches just the same. Navigating this life is difficult and is only made more complicated and challenging the more you grow your family. Lately, it seems, Alex and I have been talking a lot about our future. What we both want it to look like and how we can get there. This means financial talks, five and ten year plans, and trying to make lifestyle changes that will carry us into the future we both want. As mostly everyone is aware, it isn't easy.


Alex has a plethora of things on his agenda these days. School, work, side jobs and starting tonight, a ten week, three hour class on starting your own business. And me, I've just got my job and diving into the networking scene here. Needless to say, I have taken on a lot of the typical jobs of a woman. I cringe. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, making lunches, tidying the house, and taking Dax for walks. I know these are things I would have to be doing regardless but I sometimes catch myself feeling like a mother. Can I get a little help here?

Now don't get me wrong, Alex does contribute and help out, a lot, but I guess I tried to push feeling like a domesticated housewife from the 1950's until I actually had kids. That's not how life is though. You take care of those you love and making them sandwiches will just be apart of the equation. It's so easy to feel resentful about how things shake out. Keeping score or tabs on who does what comes so easily. At least to me. The hard part is accepting life, realizing the tables will continue to turn and that things won't be perfectly balanced. So, I am just going to suck it up and do what needs to be done because it needs to get done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments