Aged with a Sleep Mask.

1/12/2015


There was one thing I wanted for Christmas. I blatantly told Alex a few times what exactly it was that I wanted, a sleep mask. I have a hard time sleeping at night now if there are lights on, which is a complete 180 from how I used to sleep which was with the TV or some light or noise on. And seeing how Alex sometimes stays up a little later than me playing video games, watching a movie, or reading up on woodworking I figured I might try a sleep mask. I found a few ones I liked and showed them to Alex to give him an idea of what I was wanting. I ended up getting one but it was from my mom. I was thrilled and surprised since I hadn't told her it was something I wanted. I have worn it every night since.

Lately, I have noticed a lot of changes like my sleep mask. For example, I used to really love wearing heels but now I have developed a deep appreciation and love for flats. I have never really enjoyed cooking either but now I love the fact that I can create a delicious meal based on my cravings that is not only healthy but fits within my budget. I also find that I actually thoroughly enjoy spending time with my parents and talking about really abstract and random things. It is fun to see who I align with more. I know that as I get older more changes are bound to happen but it feels as if these changes happened all at once. Overwhelming and surprising but welcomed none the less.

You Might Also Like

0 comments