A Mother-Daughter Date

1/22/2015



Last weekend my mother invited me to the Kimball Art Museum to see the exhibit Faces of Impressionism. I leapt at the chance not only to spend some quality time with my mom but I couldn't remember the last time I went to the museum. It was wonderful! I immediately remembered how much I love the way the impressionists painted, so many colors and without definitive lines but creating intricate and detailed paintings.

When I was younger I loved all Degas's ballet paintings because at the time I was a ballet dancer and it perfectly suited my interests. It was fun to revisit that excitement. However, now that I am older I find myself drawn to the self portraits of the impressionists. There is something so personal and intriguing about each one.



I can't believe I forgot how fantastic our museums are. My mom bought a membership pass and I wish I was in a position to do the same. I highly recommend going and visiting any of our museums and getting a taste of culture and history.


You Might Also Like

0 comments