Just Breathe.

1/16/2015


This year I am trying to take better care of myself, physically and mentally. I am eating healthier, drinking a lot of water, and working out but have come to realize that I need to focus on fixing my mentality.

This week I have found it hard to be positive. Sometimes it is difficult to see the better things in life when things go wrong. I have tried to take a deep breath and focus on the good while shaking off the bad. But it hasn't been easy. I find myself withdrawing, too afraid to talk or engage for fear of anger or tears coming out. However, Alex is an adamant guy and being silent is just not an option. And now here we are on the precipice of the weekend and everything that was wrong will soon be fixed. Leaving me with lessons learned and savings to replace.

Nonetheless, I am stressed. The older I get the more I feel it in new and different ways. Tightening in the back of my shoulder blades, breaking out, craving terrible food, lack of energy, always on the verge of yelling at someone. You get the point. Really unhealthy. I have decided to take the next three weeks and try out different techniques to help me cope. Starting tomorrow I will be focusing on meditation, the week after yoga and finishing the third week with good old fashion running. Finding a better way to cope with the inevitable stress of life is important and it's time I made it a priority.

How do you deal with stress?

You Might Also Like

0 comments