Week 1. (60 Day Challenge)

3/21/2014


Change isn't easy. Sometimes I welcome it with open arms because it has to be better than what is present and other times I resent it. Right now I am in the middle.

I started off excited about this challenge and decided I would run at least a mile everyday. Then after three days of running my calves started to tell me to "F" off (you can read my calves story here). This is about the time I start getting discouraged. I have embarked on a mental battle. One in which I am constantly encouraging myself to continue while my calves tell me to stop, more like impair me from walking (wish I was kidding about that). Everyday I reevaluate where I am at and how much I can push. Let me tell you it sucks.

I am one week down with seven more to go. Eating healthy has been relatively easy and I have Alex to thank for that. One of my favorite things to do is cook with him. We eat a lot of salad and veggies with different types of meat or fish. He eats so much and because of that limits me from having more than one helping. Supporting me by eating more. Thanks babe!

Besides eating healthy, I have spent the week listening to my calves. I have been running when they allow it and doing body weights and ballet when they wont. Ultimate Frisbee and hiking were also sprinkled into the mix. Varying it up so that I don't get bored and my calves will play nice is going to be a common theme. I hope that by Day 60 I will have built up a tolerance and will have found a balance of what works for me and my calves. I just need to remind myself to stay focused and remember why I am doing this in the first place. I want to lead a healthy lifestyle one in which I don't think to workout it just happens and where my go to food is a healthy choice because that is what I crave.

Here are two songs from my running playlist. A constant work in progress. Metal is my genre of choice today, Alex would be so proud.

You Might Also Like

0 comments